I will explain what is BDD in a simple way. It’s a development technique, who extends quality assurance, design, requirements and validations. The BDD is divided by cycles, the cycle outside-in.
1. Scenario: It’s is a specific functionality, very clear and exact.
2. Specification for the scenario: Write a specification that explains for steps how the scenario will work (for users).
3. Specification of unity: Write a specification that explains how the scenario will works, but this time the specification will be for development, in some class or function.
4. Make the specification of unity works: This artefact of software should be done of a minimum and simple way. The most simple way for the specification work.
5. Refactor: The specification that was made simple, will be re-structured for the new design.
6. Refactor: This re-structure will work in a different way , of the implementation (artifacts of software) to the requirements (user), in this level, new functions and design can be introduced.
– (Given) that specify the pre-conditions for the occurrence of the action of the interest scene;
– (When), whose function is to specify the events that must occur to the scenario to run;
– (Then) that specify the expectations regarding the results of the execution of events in the scenario.
ASTELS, D. Test-Driven Development: A Practical Guide. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education, 2003.
BAIN, S. Emergent Design: The Evolutionary Nature of Professional Software Development. New York: Addison-Wesley, 2008.
BECK, K. Test-Driven Development By Example. New York: Addison-Wesley, 2002.
BECK, K. Implementation Patterns. New York: Addison-Wesley, 2007.
BECK, K.; ANDRES, C. Extreme Programming Explained: Embrace Change. 2. ed. New York: Addision-Wesley, 2004.
BOEHM, B. Software Engineering Economics. New York: Prentice-Hall, 1981.
CHELIMSKY, D. et al. The RSpec Book: Behaviour Driven Development with RSpec, Cucumber, and Friends. Dallas: The Pragmatic Bookshelf, 2010.
COHN, M. User Stories Applied: For Agile Software Development. New York: Addison-Wesley, 2004.
CRISPIN, L. Driving Software Quality: How Test-Driven Development Impacts Software Quality. IEEE Software, IEEE, v. 23, n. 6, p. 70, 2006.
ERDOGMUS, H.; MORISIO, M.; TORCHIANO, M. On the Effectiveness of Test-First Approach to Programming. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, IEEE, v. 31, n. 3, p. 226, 2005.
EVANS, E. Domain-Driven Design: Tackling Complexity in the Heart of Software. New York: Addison-Wesley, 2004.
FOWLER, M. et al. Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code. New York: Addison-Wesley, 1999.
FREEMAN, S.; PRYCE, N. Growing Object-Oriented Software, Guided By Tests. New York: Addison-Wesley, 2009.
JANZEN, D. Software Architecture Improvement Through Test-Driven Development. In: Proceedings of the 20th Annual ACM SIGPLAN Conference on Object-Oriented Programming, Systems, Languages and Applications. [S.l.: s.n.], 2005.
JANZEN, D.; SAIEDIAN, H. On the Influence of Test-Driven Development on Software Design. In: Proceedings of the 19th Conference on Software Engineering Education & Training. North Shore Oahu, HI: [s.n.], 2006. p. 141–148.
JEFFRIES, R.; MELNIK, G. TDD: The Art of Fearless Programming. IEEE Software, IEEE, v. 24, n. 3, p. 24, 2007.
KOSKELA, L. Test Driven: TDD and Acceptance TDD for Java Developers. New York: Manning, 2007.
MARTIN, R. Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship. New York: Prentice-Hall, 2008.
MESZAROS, G. xUnit Patterns: Refactoring Test Code. New York: Addison-Wesley, 2007.
NORTH, D. Introducing Behaviour-Driven Development. 2006. Disponível em http://dannorth.net/introducing-bdd, acesso em 26/02/2010.
NORTH, D. What’s In a Story? 2007. Disponível em http://dannorth.net/whats-in-a-story, acesso em 01/03/2010.
PRESSMAN, R. Engenharia de Software. 6. ed. São Paulo: McGraw-Hill, 2006.
SOMMERVILLE, I. Engenharia de Software. 8. ed. São Paulo: Pearson Addison-Wesley,
WILLIAMS, L.; MAXIMILIEN, M.; VOUK, M. Test-Driven Development as a Defect Reduction Practice. In: Proceedings of the 14th International Symposium on Software
Reliability Engineering. [S.l.: s.n.], 2003.