Hello guys !
I will teach how configure the cucumber and calabash in your mac and some others issues that I had when I set up cucumber. Write this commands in the terminal and inside of the project’s folder.
– First you have to install and update the rvm and ruby stable in your mac:
\curl -sSL https://get.rvm.io | bash -s stable –ruby
– Uninstall others ruby and Clean the rvm if needed
sudo rvm uninstall 2.0.0
sudo rvm cleanup all
– Use the last stable version of the ruby
sudo rvm get stable
– Search in the list the latest version of ruby
sudo rvm list known
– Install the ruby
sudo rvm install 2.1.2
– Let the last version Default
rvm –default use 2.1.2
– And install cucumber
sudo gem install cucumber
– and calabash-cucumber
sudo gem install calabash-cucumber
– Create the folders of the cucumber
sudo calabash-ios gen
– In the folder of the X-code project
sudo calabash-ios setup
Just remember to install the calabash on Workspace, not on the Project.
Maybe you will have to install pods and other things of your project, like here I had. After that you can generate the build of the calabash of your project, but remember you have to change the target the project to YourProject-cal.
I had some problems, like to calabash to find the folder of the app’s build. And I just edited the line of APP_BUNDLE_PATH inside the 01_launch.rb in the folder features/support and put the full path where the app is.
– To test if the configuration is ok, just write in the terminal > inside project’s folder
If you have any problem, just comment below. In next steps I will show how you can run the tests and functions in general.
One thought on “Cucumber and Calabash – IOS Automation”