Hello guys !
Today I will write about the benefits of using Robotium to automate the tests in apps of Android Cellphones. I hope that this list help you to decide what is the better tool to you use.
Robotium is an Android test automation framework that has full support for native and hybrid applications. Robotium makes it easy to write powerful and robust automatic black-box UI tests for Android applications. With the support of Robotium, test case developers can write function, system and user acceptance test scenarios, spanning multiple Android activities.
- Test Android apps, both native and hybrid.
- Requires minimal knowledge of the application under test.
- The framework handles multiple Android activities automatically.
- Minimal time needed to write solid test cases.
- Readability of test cases is greatly improved, compared to standard instrumentation tests.
- Test cases are more robust due to the run-time binding to UI components.
- Fast test case execution.
- Integrates smoothly with Maven, Gradle or Ant to run tests as part of continuous integration.