Hey guys, I have been studying a framework called WebdriverIO, it is a really good framework for Angular applications. It is compatible with BDD and TDD, so you can create your features, implement the step definition and it is also a synchronous command handling !!
I have pushed the project to github so you can have a look on my example, it is very simple for now.
– To run the project you need to run
npm install and after
– In the login-spec.js you can add the scenario (describe) and the steps (it) directly like the step definitions, I don’t have the feature files for now.
– Look how you don’t need to add return for each step anymore. Since the steps are sync you don’t need to worry about it.
– The login-page.js groups all the common functions that will be used on the login scenarios.
– And the login-elements.js contains all the element getters that are on the login page, it works like a library for the elements and it will help you with the maintenance of the code.
If you want to give it a try as well you can add the webdriverio in the package of your project and follow these steps
One thought on “WebDriverIO framework first steps”
Thank you very much, it is exactly what I was looking for:)