Hey guys, I have been studying a framework called WebdriverIO, it is a really good framework for Angular applications. It is compatible with BDD and TDD, so you can create your features, implement the step definition and it is also a synchronous command handling !!
I have pushed the project to github so you can have a look on my example, it is very simple for now.
– To run the project you need to run
npm install and after
– In the login-spec.js you can add the scenario (describe) and the steps (it) directly like the step definitions, I don’t have the feature files for now.
– Look how you don’t need to add return for each step anymore. Since the steps are sync you don’t need to worry about it.
– The login-page.js groups all the common functions that will be used on the login scenarios.
– And the login-elements.js contains all the element getters that are on the login page, it works like a library for the elements and it will help you with the maintenance of the code.
If you want to give it a try as well you can add the webdriverio in the package of your project and follow these steps