Hi guys, today I have another Webinar that I participate about Appium, how to choose the automation mobile tool, how should be the structure, etc. You can watch online or download, just click in this link to start.
You can jump the advertisement moving to 00:10:51 of the video. Also, you can jump to 00:23:12 and watch the demo. To jump the demo go to 00:40:00.
Difference between hybrid native and html
– HTML: web applications which runs in web browser.
– Native: just native elements, apps which doesn’t have html elements.
– Hybrid: mix of native elements and html elements.
Mobile QA Solutions
– How choose the automation tool ?
– Verify how you inspect the elements.
– Scalability, How many devices supports (IOS, windows phone, tablet, kindle, ipad, etc).
– Integration with other tools like Jenkins, JIRA, etc.
– Cloud, If this tool supports cloud tests (Amazon cloud, Sauce Labs, etc).
– Automation Support, How long do you take to find the solution for some problem ? (Particularly, this is the most important for me )
Open source automation test automation framework for native, hybrid and mobile apps.
Supports: Real devices, Simulators, Native Apps, Hybrid Apps, Mobile Web Apps (IOS and Android only).
Environment: Appium, Android Studio (Sdks) and Eclipse.
Setting parameters: App device, launch device, android setting (path of sdks).
Make sure that you are doing right
– Do some proof of concepts (The configuration it is the hard and most boring part for me).
– Share the right quantity of tests between emulators and devices.
– Distribute the right level of tests between unit (70%), integration (20%) and manual tests (10%).
– Remember that if you are using BDD, it is just 3 layers.
– Use CI since the beginning.
– Decide what must to have in the report.
– Considerate the language which the developers are using (You never know when you will need help).
Thank you guys ! See you next week 🙂
One thought on “Getting Started with Mobile Test Automation & Appium”
Hi there, this weekend is nice designed for me, because this point in time i am reading this fantastic educational piece of writing here at my house.