Last week I was on holidays, for this reason I haven’t posted anything. So, I will continue with VM scripts and what you can do with them next week. Today, I will post a very, very, very old code that I have done when I was building a framework for a desktop application with Coded UI and C#. It is a function to take screenshots in your automation.
I will refactor this code other time, because I know that it is not following all the best practices, but for now you can copy and change where you want.
The code is on my github:
– First: you can see what are the parameters that you need to send: (PublicFunctions Values, string _stringMessage, Boolean FULLSCREEN = false, Boolean FAIL = false)
– Second: intFail is a failure counter and stringPath is a variable that you need to update with the path where will be placed your screenshot
– Third: Thread.Sleep(2000) you can remove this and put something like wait for, it is not the best solution use Thread.Sleep
– Fourth: This part will take the FULLSCREEN or not, depending what you have sent
– Fifth: This part is just formatting the date/time.
– Sixth: Now it is saving the picture with the path and the date/time. It is missing a try/catch here, please don’t forget to put in your code xD
– Seventh: It is clearing the clipboard for the next screenshot
– Eighth: It is counting the failure and catching the failure message
– Ninth: The last step is inserting the failure into the database with all the information that you are passing
Thank you guys ! See you next week 🙂
One thought on “How to: Take a screenshot with CodedUI and C#”
I have read so many content concerning the blogger lovers however this paragraph is in fact
a good piece of writing, keep it up.